I always use this pancake recipe! If you remember the ratio 2:1:1:1:1, you will always remember this recipe! Our whanau has recently taken gluten out of our diets, so this recipe base is gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and paleo. If you don't want protein powder in the base just use 1 cup of almond flour.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour & vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Mix eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients into bowl and mix well.
- Heat pan with coconut oil. Add 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake and cook until bubbles are seen on the surface. Flip pancake and cook the otherside until browned.
- Place cooked pancakes in the oven to keep warm
- Add your desired toppings, these pancakes go well with your favourite nutbutter and banana and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Eat & Enjoy
Notes: If mixture is a little too thick, add more milk until batter is the right consistency.
If you would like to add some sweetness to the base, add a couple of spoons of sweetener such as maple syrup or coconut sugar. You can also use rice malt syrup but if you do the recipe will no longer be paleo. I leave the sweetener out of the base and use it as a topping instead.